Welcome to our Artist Information Area! We are excited to be planning for the 43rd annual Akron Arts Expo.
Our greatest priority is the safety the artists, public and staff. In 2021 we offered an Artist Area layout that gave both artists and patrons the ability to have extra space for everyone’s safety. The response on the new layout was so positive we are moving forward with the same mind set of keeping everyone safe and responding to how well received the layout was. There will be a few adjustments to better utilize the space, but overall the layout will be the same.
The Taste of Akron will be returning as a one night event on Thursday, July 21, 2022.
The Children’s Tent will be returning with a new focus on creating an interactive art experience for the children.
Due to continued safety concerns and the use of space in the Artist Area the Artist Reception is unable to happen. We are working on how to announce Award Winners Saturday evening keeping those factors in mind.
SHOW DATES AND HOURS
Saturday, July 23, 2022 from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday, July 24, 2022 from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Only online applications will be accepted. We will accept 2022 artist applications from February 1-March 31, 2022. Artist notifications will be emailed by May 1, 2022. Please note that all notifications and communications will be emailed, there will be NO regular mailed information for 2022. APPLY ONLINE: https://ojs.biz/ArtExpoAtHardesty2022
The registration fee will be $10.00. This fee is non-refundable and covers the online application process.
· $210 if paid before June 1, 2022
· $230 if paid between June 2-14, 2022
· If not paid by June 14th then your booth space will be forfeited.
· If an artist cancels before June 30th and has paid then a refund will be issued minus a transfer fee of $15.
· Booth fees are non-refundable after June 30th unless the show is canceled and then the whole booth fee will be refunded.
· Akron Arts Expo is a juried show
· Spacious 14 x 15 spaces with social distancing between booth spaces
· Hand sanitizer stations through event
· Vehicles allowed on grounds for load in/out (weather permitting)
· To-go breakfast on Saturday & Sunday (1 ticket per meal )
· Helpful staff & volunteers
· Free onsite artist parking
· 24 hour onsite security throughout set-up and show
· Booth sitters
· Cash Awards
Friday, July 22 from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday, July 23 from 7:00 am – 9:00 am
Saturday, July 23 and Sunday, July 24 from 7:30 am – 9:30 am
Please review the Artist Show Guidelines for additional show information.